Established in the 1960’s, our initial membership of 10 has grown to more than 100 professionals representing the full spectrum of healthcare throughout the State of Maine. Organizations within the MSHHRA family employ nearly 40,000 Maine residents!
We have continued to evolve as the Human Resource field experiences significant change. Today’s healthcare environment cannot succeed without sound human resource leadership.
To help our membership excel, we have taken an active role to influence positive outcomes:
- Participation in statewide initiatives to plan for and address healthcare workforce shortage issues
- Joint educational programming with other professional organizations such as the Organization of Maine Nurse Executives
- Collaboration with others to have our voices heard at the state and national level
Who We Are
Maine Society of Healthcare Human Resources Administration members are:
- Human Resources professionals with expertise in the full scope of Human Resource activities including benefits, compensation, employment, employee relations, training and development.
- Seasoned veterans as well as trainees, representing large health systems, acute care hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, behavioral medicine, home health agencies and long-term care facilities, from Kittery to Fort Kent and from Ellsworth to Rumford.
- Representatives of Human Resources services and products.
What We Do
MSHHRA meetings are held regularly in Augusta and occasionally at other locations throughout the state.
Each meeting includes MSHHRA business such as sub-committee reports, updates on legislative activity, and other current events relating to healthcare human resources administration. The business meeting is followed by an educational session delivered by subject matter experts on a topic of current interest to our membership.
A two-day conference is held bi-annually to provide an enhanced opportunity to network and focus on an educational topic.